LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
13K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  WestcottMitch 
The Ridgid R4511 is built!

It took probably 4 hours total to unpack and get it all put together, but definitely worth the effort.

Given what I've been working with for so long, I can see why people pay the money for a big heavy table saw. I turned it on and it just hummed…what a beautiful sound. AND…I could still hear the radio!!! I can even imaging continuing a conversation with this thing running.

This coupled with moving my dust collection outside the workshop is going to huge for keeping the noise down.

I only had time for one quick cut…but it was nice and smooth, no effort what-so-ever. I can't wait to start cutting something for a project.

Before I get too excited, I've got to get the saw in it's semi-permanent position up against the workbench.

This saw is quite a bit bigger than my old saw and will require me eating into my bench space a little. I'll get some workshop pics uploaded after I get the new saw in and the workshop cleaned up. I've been stuck with the remodeling bug in the workshop for a little while and haven't quite got everything sorted out. That and I've got a couple of projects on the go…plus my buddy who does woodworking with me also has some bits and pieces in the shop at the moment.

For anyone with one of these smaller saw, I highly recommend the setup I have in these pictures, it was very useful for me have the extended table on the left and the big outfeed bench behind it. The dust collection underneath it was nice too, I used it as a separator with my shopvac and later updated it for a 4" hose to the dust collector.

Here's the old saw in it's place, with the recycling bin dust collection box under it.

Out with the old…..

....and I've got some work to do before I can say 'in with the new'....but here's the new saw anyway:

Congrats. I just bought a Delta 10" contractor saw off of craigslist and it is an appreciated upgrade compared to my bench top Ryobi. It did its job but its gotta go. Nice to hear that purrrr isnt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.