LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
While going through MANY videos on the net looking for a workbench design I came across a video with an interesting idea.
I can't remember if it was a workbench or more of an outfeed table. The particular detail that caught my eye was that they mounted casters to 2×4s which were placed between the legs of the table at a 90degree angle and attached with eye-bolts through the legs. Then a length of metal rod was placed through the eye-bolt and used as a lever to rotate the 2×4s 90 degrees which lifted the table up onto the casters. The table was also built in such a way that, once lifted onto the casters, the table slid right overtop the tablesaw (also on casters) and then the table and saw together could be rolled up against a wall, or otherwise out of the way.

So now I'm almost ready to start building a workbench and I can't find the video anywhere. Has anyone seen it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swear I've been looking forever and you've both helped me muddle my way to it. Thank you!

Now that I get a better look at the construction, i may go with Norms for simplicity. i think I like the hinged method better.
It was from Wood Magazine.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That is pretty nice. I love the folding casters. I would like to try that but I am to cheep to spend $8 on the plans :) just to see what size rod they use on the legs <laugh> I would much rather spend $100 on trial and error!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.