LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I hope this thread explodes. I love nothing better than looking at workbenches. There are some incredibly fine ones here. Can't wait!

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Where's Smitty for a major smackdown?!
Heck, I don't think he'd mind.

Cabinetry Furniture Wood Kitchen Drawer

Whoa.

Attachments

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Purp's still got the baddest wagon around. It's got the reach that a lot of the little prefabs can only dream of. I had the whole benchcrafted set in my cart when my better half discovered it. Hard to slip $800 worth of vises past the grand auditor on the amex.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Long live the workmate!

Andy, that's just about my dream bench as well (flipped, of course). Since we're dreaming, my bench would have both a shoulder and wagon. I have a shoulder vise fetish and although the wagon and leg can do most anything, I just like to see a big, massive, lumbering shoulder on the move. What's another screw when you're $1000 deep, lol. I considered making my dream bench out of $15/bf wormy chestnut. It's sacrilege, true, but that vise bill would be painless at that point;)

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I'm a real sucker for masonry work, and you've got a lot of it.
That's what I thought about the grill. I've got the 36 inch. Still don't have a smoker:(

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
^I don't get tired of it. What's the diameter of a beer can? Hold on….gulp….looks to be about 2 1/2 inches. I'll take some good pictures of my Lake Eerie. I have another reference to use that closer to 3 inches in diamter:)

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I'm with Smitty, it's like chopper handlebars on your bike. Cool? Oh hell yeah. Practical? Maybe not so much. I mean, we could put parallel hydralic pumps with actuators. At some point, you kind of get too far away from tradition, imo.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
^I've got the lumber drying.
That's me in the back with my hat on backward, peeing on the log to mark my claim.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I'm going to need some room for my carving too, though, Andy. I'll probably use this one as my finishing bench.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I think the World authority on everything (including benches), Chris Swartz, uses pine in his benches. He's made some really nice ones; gotta give the guy that one.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Boatman, I'm still in on the chain. That's a slick setup and I totally get it now, thanks to Scott. You might owe him a few Magic Hats for installing it on one of the finest benches here;) Have you estimated a retail price yet? If so, ballpark it via a PM if you don't want to commit. I understand that it'll be very ballpark.

· Premium Member
11,636 Posts
There's a 203 about to pop on Ebay in 4 hours or less. 2 bids at $15 or so.
Edit: Smit you know I'm not a Veritas, SawStop, or Grizzly fan, lol; but those Veritas Wonderdogs and holdfasts are just impossible to beat.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.