LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 521 Posts

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Al, You know that i am with you and Andy on waiting for a proper shop. Such is the life of delayed gratification. But now is the time that you have worked so hard for. Enjoy.

Still. I'd love to have a free standing shop. If I could just get my wife to quit parking in my shop and convince my kids that they dont deserve bicycles or other toys and that the cats need to be exterminated THEN I would be happy.

Scratch that - I am happy with what I have.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Bandit, I love it! You might want to consider some long stretchers at the bottom of the legs. Also consider this, with a few more boards, you could glue / face laminate them for a nice thick top.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Mauricio,
That's a clever idea with the dogs. The TWW plan I am using calls for screws for the spring board. I have to give it some consideration.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
I always have difficulty with pics. I have to upload to computer then upload to picasa or photobucket then re-download to computer them re-uplaod in the post.

Otherwise, I get a pick that is cut off like Boatman's. Something happens during the upload that allows them not to becroped.
Also, if I try to direct link it is almost as may clicks as the above process.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Mauricio,

Did you order the materials needed for the draw bore pins? If so, where? My Sears closed its doors a few months ago.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
*there you go - Mauricio posted before I could get to it.

Ken, my chop is a lamination but it is a face/face lam of 9" boards not edge/edge if I am understanding you right. I try to keep in mind that the glue joint is supposed to be stronger than the wood.

If I do understand correctly, you could use three joints with the screw going through a solid central piece and then two contrasting edge/edge laminations on each side.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
I need to post my can crushing video. I am a computer literate fellow but Ive never worked with video files except ripping big _VTS DVD fles.

· Registered
4,679 Posts
My bench is 34 1/2". I am 6'3". However, and feel free to make fun, I have short arms I guess. When I stand next to my bench my 5th MCP joint, the knuckle at the base of the little finger, is still 3/4" higher than the bench top. So, using that criteria, my bench should be a touch over 35".

· Registered
4,679 Posts
Mauricio, why wouldn't you glue the mortises? Are leaving the chance that you may want to drill out the pegs and disassemble in the future?

· Registered
4,679 Posts
I thought Ebony was a good choice because I understand the ATF is trying to unload the haul from Gibson guitars :^)

1 - 20 of 521 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.