LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

· Registered
18,689 Posts
you guys know I just built my shop a little over a year ago. I had a shop back 15 years ago or so when I was in the business, but closed it up. After that I worked out of a 14×14 shed, so basically I was like Andy, pulling everything out to work in the back yard for anything but the smallest projects. Its so nice to have a place to really work.

· Registered
18,689 Posts
Terry said it. I built my house (and countless others), rebuilt rifles, tools, steeples, motors, computers, you name it. I once restored a CJ7 down to the frame. I've built almost every piece of furniture in my house. My wife won't let me change the oil in her car for fear I'll screw it up. Note my truck has o er 80,000 miles and I'm the only one to ever change the oil.

· Registered
18,689 Posts
I don't know. If he can carry that bench top I'd recommend not messing with him.

· Registered
18,689 Posts
I bought the Ohio Toll Co catalog from 1910. I thought this would interest this crowd.

Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire Table Publication

Maple.
Note the cost. Between $12-$14.

Attachments

· Registered
18,689 Posts
your right texchappy, I can hear the conversation…....cheez Al, you pee'ed on your shoe again!!

· Registered
18,689 Posts
I like the short taper, don't like the long taper, and in 1976, i'd have clear my bench for Linda Carter no matter what planes where on it!! Now I'd need the shavings for cushion anyhow.

· Registered
18,689 Posts
Scott, I actually have a physiological tie between wonder women and hand plane. And I know as I write this it could be used in a court of law in my sanity suit, but since I'd loss that case anyhow, i might as well go on. Anytime I think of planes I think of Millers Falls planes, they were some of my first hand plane restores and I like Millers Falls, Because I like Millers Falls I'd love to own some Buck Rogers planes even though I think they are uglier than sin. For some explainable reason that I'm sure has to due with some adolescent misfortune I seem to equate Buck Rogers with Wonder women. Now tell me that doesn't make sense! I'm sure glad I can't afford therapy because it would cost me a fortune.

· Registered
18,689 Posts
I always just made a piece of square stock the size I wanted, then ran it over a 1/2 round bit on the 4 sides.

1 - 20 of 412 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.