LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Woodsmith, Shopnotes, Wood, Popular Woodworking, American Woodworker, Fine Woodworking, Woodworker's Journal, and WoodCraft. I subscribe to most of them. I'm a magazine addict.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I think we went through this before….but always a good time for an up date…..I've been hearing that wood has taken a turn downwards…..I still get it….I got one of those 3 year "promotional" subs. It's not too bad….lots of adds…..thats why I like woodsmith and shop notes….but I would wish that they would quit building the same old bookshelves and get to more interesting stuff….I like the LJ's cyberzine….at least it mentions the blogs and discussions that are most notable here…..the shiny mags should take a look at the content here to see what woodworkers are really interested in….....we get more content here than in any of the zines…..

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
FWW and the occasional Shopnotes. I had a subscription to Furniture and Cabinetmaking, from the UK. It has some good stuff, but is a bit expensive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone. Seems like my gut was right about WOOD. FWW and Woodsmith have been the two I whittled down to. Both subscriptions just ended and before I spend the dime again wanted to see what you all were doing. I am a computer/network engineer so to be honest I like to look at something other than a lcd screen when I get home. I tell my wife that if it does not have a throttle, a blade, carbide teeth, or go BANG! I do not want to see it on my off time. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Popular Woodworking, Fine Woodworking and Woodworking Magazine. I'm surprised nobody mentioned Woodworking Magazine-it's probably the most honest publication as they don't have to kiss-up to the manufacturers by giving positive "reviews" to the companies that spend the most in advertising. Used to get American Woodworker and Wood but find the others to be better for what I'm looking for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.