LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Still in the design stage of the shop tools. Decided to build a scale model of the shop/tools out of cardboard. The new shop will be 22×20. Scaled model is 1"=1'. I took the dimensions off the tool manufacturers website and built as close to possible as the actual dimensions. Just cardboard and hot glue gun, nothing fancy or perfect. So far, about 1 hour build time in the model. I'm finding this handy so far (not all tools built) in determining floor space used/available, what floor/bench models I can utilize per space available, etc. Can move them around, plan electrical, dust collection, etc. Decided to post this in case others looking to build/design a shop might find it helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hermit, unless you use the Honey I Shrunk The Kids machine I am afraid the shop is too small. I'm also concerned about building it out of cardboard given the Three Little Pigs story.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Interesting approach,I agree with using the Grizzly workshop planner also. Keep in mind the flow of material as you mill it and enough space to run material through the tools you're using. start with getting your table saw placed so you can mill long and wide material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.