LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So, what features to include on Woodbuzz - my possibly upcoming woodworking website that is focused on reference, news, and other stuff? Here's some ideas; I'd like yours.

• Plans. A picture of the piece, a brief description, indicate whether it's free or paid, and a link to the site.

• Sketchup Plans. Your plans that you'd like to share with the community for free.

• Woodworking software. Planning software, like Sketchup, and related plugins; layout software; cost estimation software, etc.

• Style guides. What is "mission style", and what shapes or materials do you usually see in it? What are Krenovian influences?

• Marketing help. Articles on how to market yourself, both on the web and at craft shows or showrooms; setting prices; ideas for things that sell, etc.

• Encylopedia. An alphabetically ordered description of terms - scarf joint, rabbet, Sam Maloof, and so on.

• Multimedia. Helpful videos or podcasts that entertain or teach.

• News. New woodworking products or recalls; news of woodworking schools, trade shows.

and of course, a forum.

Again, I think you can see the distinction from LJs. LJs is a community driven site, whereas mine would be content driven.

Are there any other features you'd like to see?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.