Let me clarify......
I guess I need to explain my situation a bit more with regard to these 'scraps'....
- Mostly poplar and plywood from building custom cabinets for clients. Not a good source for bbq.
- Cutting boards? See aforementioned species and lumber type.
- I have a 950 sq. ft shop in which to build my projects. When you have a 110 liner feet of cabinets…. I have to go outside to turnaround. No room for a deluxe 4×8 'on wheels, mind you, scrape wood bin'.
- When you build these cabinets, there is a boat-load of scrapes. Mostly 1" strips 8 feet long, little poplar cutoffs, and 1/4" pieces that are not suitable for drawer bottoms or cabinet backs.
- All my lumber for these projects are paid for by the client. My wife won't let me buy lumber unless it is destine for a home other than mine. I'm a wood-aholic and proud of it….. no!..... I'm a recovering wood-aholic…. right, honey?
- I have advertised on our wood club's Facebook page and given truckloads away. Scroll sawyers like the 1/4" stuff and box makers like the poplar for secondary wood. I try to enforce the 'you need one piece? Then you have to take the whole lot' rule. You've got to Tuesday or Friday to pick up…. that's when the trash truck comes by.
- I also have a three-car garage between my shop and the house…. 2 bays are taken up with wood that needs a home other than mine. I sure could use this space to put finished cabinets and a temporary spray booth for painting.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED….. message me and we'll try to arrange an exchange for scraps, extra wood and stuff in that garage.