LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I sell it for $3.75 to $5.50, kiln dried and skip planed to 15/16". The price depends on the grade and the amount of sapwood. The price of walnut logs is way up, so you guys that have been getting it dirt cheap better stock up. Commercial prices of walnut are on the rise.

Some of you guys who practically steal this stuff should be a little easier on us sawyers…...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I bought 200 bd ft of black walnut and black American Cherry through Downes and Reader Inc in Stoughton, Ma.
Delivered to my front door in 25 bd ft bundles for $7.00 bd ft. That's 1831 miles on Fedex trucks. I had it in less than a week.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
$6.75 for 4/4 rough Walnut retail in Seattle. About the same for Cherry. I usually wait to find it on Craigslist for $4 or less.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I sell it for $3.75 to $5.50, kiln dried and skip planed to 15/16". The price depends on the grade and the amount of sapwood. The price of walnut logs is way up, so you guys that have been getting it dirt cheap better stock up. Commercial prices of walnut are on the rise.

Some of you guys who practically steal this stuff should be a little easier on us sawyers…...

- WDHLT15
You should move over near our shop. I give the local bandmill owner $6 per BF which is about the same as the commercial supplier charges. The thing is, I want air-dried and not kiln-dried. The air-dried is more pleasant to work with and bends way easier and our local source provides good, clear walnut that's been dried in a barn for 2 years.

Since his product is good, we pay him full market rates.

Kiln dried stuff comes from a commercial supplier that gives us good prices and free delivery.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Just went to get some last week. Flat sawn S&B were $5.90 Bd. ft. for 4/4. #1 common was something like $3 or so. That's a pretty stiff increase from last year when the FS S&B was $4.60 bd. ft. This was at the supplier I use most, I may look around at some other places to see what they want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.