LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,675 Posts
I have seen several posts about great deals on wood. I hope I don't piss anyone off, but I beat your gloats quite often. LOL
How about some center slabs from a Veneer company? They slice the veneer off the logs and there is a 1"-11/4" slab left in the middle they can't use. Thousands of these slabs go to some company in Canada for $.01 lb every month. When they have a problem with one of thier cranes or hoists they call me. After fixing thier equipment, I get my choice of whatever pieces I want. The day i took this picture it was Cherry, Walnut, and White Oak. You can see by the carport and truck behind them as to the size of these slabs. Oh yeah, I don't even pay the penny a pound for them, all I want for free. Only down side is they do have to dry before using and that takes 8-10 months, but I have a nice rotating stock now so i have the wood i need for projects.

·
Registered
627 Posts
All you need is a bigger truck and shipping connections to spread the love. Awesome for you!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Well I'm jealous, that's for sure, but also happy for you at the same time. Sometimes bartering is a great way to do business.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.