LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello all fellow jocks just a quick question im interested in purchasing a set of chisels but heres the thing with so many out there i dont know which ones to buy im looking for a decent set with a moderate price range since im fairly new i dont want to buy a really expensive set so got any suggestions

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
I have a number of different sets of chisels some as much as $250 each but all in all my Marple's work fine and hold and edge. So for a set of 6 at around $70. I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
a1jim: Are your Marples chisels made in England, or the newer ones made in China? I have a set of the China-made version, and the edges do not hold an edge very well. I don't have any better chisels to compare directly, but I do know that they'll have chips and nicks visiible without a magnifier after just a few (4 or 5) of mallet strikes into oak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.