LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need some help with the wiring of my new saw. I have a 220 volt saw that I want to wire direct into a box. I have 3 wires on the single phase motor and the colors are Red, Green, and Black. The box that the saw will connect to has a 30 amp fuse in it. If anyone can guide me on the hook up that would be great. I went with the box rather than a plug in because I want to be able to lock the box out from my grandkids that my want to turn the saw on. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Number 1, I would suggest a receptacle and plug, and a locking paddle switch. I am guessing there is also a ground.
Number 2. Is the circuit you are using a 30 amp 220?
Number 3. Is the wire from the circuit 10 guage?
If # 2 and 3 are yes and you agree to go with #1 you will be fine, but for your safety if you are uncertain please hire an electrical contractor, if you have any concerns or questions.

I am assuming that red is 120. Black is 120. And green is ground on your motor. This is based on what I have seen on other motors, but I AM NOT an electrician.

The receptacle may have red, whit, black.
Please take care

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I did not quite get from your post what is the amp is required. You said 30 amp fuse but on what the motor? If it requires 30A be sure your outlet, plug, and cable and breaker match! 30A load requires 10AWG wire. As other said you have two hots and the green is ground (no neutral)

good luck.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Put a plug on it and add a receptacle that is serviced by a breaker … you can still kill the breaker and lock the breaker box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.