LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a pair of Noise canceling headphones that I wear while I'm mowing. They are great for that but when I'm in the shop, I use all five of my senses. Well maybe not taste so much but I like to be able to hear, feel, smell and see what the tool is really doing.

Take a rip cut on the t/s for example. I can feel the saw if it starts to "grab" a little harder, I can smell if the blade is burning the wood, I can see that the wood is tight against the fence and I can hear if the motor is bogging down. All good indications of a cut that might be going astray and that I may need to stop and rethink the cut before disaster strikes.

If you had a pair then I'd say give them a try but I'm not sure that you'll like how quite they really make it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.