LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am looking for a user friendly furniture design software program. I don't mind paying of course, but my pockets aren't deep. I am not looking for a toy that adds hours of entertainment to my life, I need a tool that helps me get a piece designed, material list generated, and images to show perspective customers.
What is working for you?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use sketchup 2014 for most projects. Very flexible, powerful, short learning curve with tons of instructional videos on youtube for woodworkers.

I use a program called Cabinet Planner" for designing kitchen and bathroom cabinets for ease of use and simplicity. Sketchup would do it with no problem, but CP has a done of builtin features for doing production work like cabinets.
Al

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have you tried SketchUp? It's free, and relatively speaking, it's easy to learn. There are tons of tutorials out there in blogs and on YouTube. You can also get an add-on (also free) that can create cut lists, though I haven't used that function. I use another program for cut lists.

Joe

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are really serious about designing furniture and/or cabinets then invest your time in learning eCabinets. It is free also. I have been using it sense 2011and find it very flexible. Check it out you have nothing to lose except your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.