LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Theres always a part of a every project that I'm doing and it depends on what knind of project it is. But I have two main peeves to projects. For the bigger/more detailed project my peeve is sanding. I hate sanding. But when it comes to finishing a project I hate spray finishing. Yes you may think I'm crazy but I HATE spray finishing. I'm one who loves to put on wipe on poly.

Whats your peeves?

·
Registered
166 Posts
At this moment it is trimming iron on edge banding, I f%#$^&% hate it. Why don't they make the stuff the same size as 3/4 inch plywood???? Next to that is glue squeeze out, you know the one, you didn't catch it untill it was too late.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
My peeves are all associated with my wife. She tacks on projects faster than I can knock them off and trying to "pin" her down is frustrating. Her answer is "Just build it, you know I will like it". Of course, if I do that, invariably I will have "misunderstood" something that she clearly remembers telling me about the project.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Mark, I really don't have a pet peeve while in my shop. I enjoy doing eveything in there, no matter what I'm working on. Right now I've got about 4 projects going at the same time. All are different, but all fall under the catigory of woodwoking in the usual manner. If I had a peeve, I think it would be finishing a piece. I hate the down-time of drying, sanding, fininsh, etc. You get the pix. I don't even mind sweeping, cause I like a neat, tidy shop. Heck, I even sweep while building a piece. So my peeve is miner-- to me anyway.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
My biggest frustration is actually getting a project started. Once I make the first cut, I can be tenacious about finishing. That brings up my next peeve--Getting interrupted--by anything. I'm close to finishing a bed I'm building and we had to go out of town. All I could think of was how much I could have done if I could have stayed home.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Scott Bryan nailed my pet peeve. Love it when you're half way through a project and the CFO comes up with 2 or 3 more things she wants yesterday. The other thing is trying to explain to people that to do the job right there is a certain amount of waiting time. They all think it can be done in 5 minutes(like that production line rubbish you see in cheap stores) I have never spray finished anything either, hand rubbed is the best result.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Sanding and finishing. I probably wouldn't mind spraying if I didn't have to clean up afterward.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My own growing list of limitations as I age and health declines. I'd elaborate but I'm sure no one wants to hear that stuff. I can say that some things I used to do with ease now are difficult and require huge amounts of patience to accomplish.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.