LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dear woodworker friends,

I want to ask you for help.
I'm searching for a good miter gauge for my table saw, but there is so much choice.
After searching on the Internet I find that the JessEm Mite R Excel looks very good, but
the price is also nice. But good tools cost money.
I hope you can help me to make a good choice.

Thank you very mutts for your help.

Schummie.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hi, Schummie,
Good to see you posting. Sounds like you're ready to do some woodworking. That's good.
I've used the Incra miter gauge for years. I have the Incra 2000 which is still made. It doesn't have a lot of extras, but it does everything that I need it to. I think it sells for just under $200 which is about twice what I paid about 15 years ago. Good luck with the hunt. I'm sure you'll get plenty of advise on this.
Take care.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Schummie, I have used the Incra 1000SE for a couple of years now and it is everything that I want in a miter gauge. It was dead-on out the box and the only time I have had to re-adjust it was after I knocked it off my bench onto the floor.

By the way let me echo Tim's comment about seeing posts from you.

·
Premium Member
20,131 Posts
I would think a good one could be shop made using a big protractor as a scale. I might try that, in my spare time :))

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Incra 1000se here as well… or actually mine is the 998se , but that's another story all together.

I have yet to come close to getting to it's length limits, and it has always been extremely accurate, and easy to use. also, it's lighter weight than the Jessem one which is another good thing.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Hi Schummie - I've never tried the Jessem, but have read about a lot of people who like it. I've got an Incra V27 and an Osborne EB-3 that I like a lot. I also had a Woodhaven Deluxe that was built like a tank.

The Incra is most bang for the buck IMO…it's accurate, easy to use, reasonably priced and goes to 60°. The EB-3 has a very robust fence, but is larger and a little clumsier to handle. The Woodhaven is the most robust, but is also the most cumbersome to change angles with because you need to remove the brass thumb screw completely to change angles….it's dead on accurate though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello friends,

thank you very mutts for you help, it is for me now easier to make a choice for a good miter gauge.
I must say that I find the Jessem very beautiful, but I think it is better for me to choose a
miter gauge where people have experience with. I think it's gone be a Incra 1000SE
I emailed Incra or they have also Metric miter gauges, but the Field Operations Manager from Incra
told me that they currently don't offer any of the Incra miter gauges with metric positioning systems.
He told that they have no plans to offer them in the near future.
That is sorry for the rest off the world, we must place a metric tape :) I think.

Everybody thanks for your help. I have a lot off questions the coming time, because endly I couth buy a
great wish from me, a American style table saw.

Thanks again, Henrie alias Schummie.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.