LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll second the option of blood wood. I have yet to run across any wood that even comes close to the deep red it can have. I assume that you are looking for something natural, and not stained? If you are going to stain it, then you can use just about any wood you want, then just dye it and stain it to the desired tone of red.

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Redheart is a good choice, but it will fade with time (to a brown) with light exposure. I haven't tried UV blockers on it. Bloodwood is supposed to hold the red color and not fade like redheart.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you use bloodwood, you might want to do a search on here for it I seem to recall someone having a quite serious allergic reaction to its dust - skin & airway. Found the post - it is here.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.