LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
In March of last year I purchased a bunch of stuff from supergrit, including a set of nine inch sanding discs. Only today did I notice that those discs are only eight inches in diameter. I have measured both my sander's face plate, and the discs. My sander's plate is a full nine inches in diameter, and the discs are eight inches.

What is odd is that not only does my order call for nine inch sanding discs in a variety of sizes, but some of the discs are labeled in marker on the back as being nine inches.

Is this one of those times where a measurement isn't really a measurement? Like a 2×4 isn't 2" by 4", or an old CRT monitor that claims to be 21 inches doesn't give you a full 21 inches of viewing area. I just think it's weird that the whole set is wrong, not the ones labeled incorrectly.

Anyway, I've emailed Supergrit's customer service. If they'll take the unused discs back and send me the correct size, then they've made a loyal customer for life. Not that I will be buying much more sandpaper in the foreseeable future, since I already bought a ton, but still.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These must be metric inches. Anyway, Supergrit has just informed me that my discs are on their way, with a mailing envelop to return the 8" discs. That's fantastic customer service right there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.