LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Currently I'm at 47 minutes waiting for someone at Lowe's customer cares to get an In-Store Credit balance. I've been jerked around with online checkout, calling a different (800) number, calling the store and via chat. I used to think it was rare for a company to work so hard to drive business away but it seems like the norm now.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to look for alternatives being mostly deaf now, talking on the phone sounds like the parents speaking in Charlie Brown, I know there's someone there and they're making noise, hearing the actual words is a bit more difficult. I was chatting with someone with very broken engrish and they said I needed to call XYZ #, I asked for ADA compliant options, they had no idea. That's about par for the course when working with Lowe's, if they appear to give a damn, it's just an illusion soon to be rectified.

I would hope the IRS would have ADA compliant options, especially when spending an additional nearly $80 billion (in money that doesn't exist) to just one agency.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
When Lowe s went "Woke" I started going to Home Depot.

- controlfreak
I have too, trouble is Lowe's is 5 minutes away, HD is 22 minutes away so it takes a bit of conviction to stick with it.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess that would be Boiling Springs. HD was supposed to build at the old freshman campus near Old Furnace Rd. at one point but that isn t going to happen soon I guess.

- controlfreak
The BS Lowe's is closest to me by far, that area is groing faster than SC-9 can handle the associated traffic. There's a Publix going in a bit farther north so there's bigger businesses moving in but I haven't heard of a HD moving into that area, it would be nice though.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
For a long time the only Lowe's close by involved crossing a bridge and paying tolls. Then they built a brand new building for a Lowe's close by. They had as much space as they wanted but built a store that didn't carry half the amount of stuff as the HD that was 1 mile down the road. It seems they're more interested in selling curtains, plants, and blow up seasonal lawn decorations than actual building material.

·
Premium Member
4,238 Posts
I guess that would be Boiling Springs. HD was supposed to build at the old freshman campus near Old Furnace Rd. at one point but that isn t going to happen soon I guess.

- controlfreak

The BS Lowe s is closest to me by far, that area is groing faster than SC-9 can handle the associated traffic. There s a Publix going in a bit farther north so there s bigger businesses moving in but I haven t heard of a HD moving into that area, it would be nice though.

- bigblockyeti
Yeah BS is insane, looked at a development off Old Furnace Rd. but rejected it due to bad traffic and that was on a Sunday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
25,661 Posts
They all wait times are longer than normal for at least at a decade. When will longer be the new normal?

Puget Sound Energy has wait times of 45 minutes to an hour for the last 20 years. I used to tell customers that had a PSE problem I charge normal rate on hold but they could call and tell them to call me if they had any questions. No one ever paid me to be on hold ;))

The PSE recording that answers says to go online. I typed in all the data for a new service. I got an email saying they did not do that online and to call customer service :(((

·
Registered
11,067 Posts
I love it when you finally get someone on the other end of the phone, and they say Hello Mr George..... My Name is Mahmushadoodle Yamskiewsnd SHwrioruek, in a vaguely Engrish sounding accent, but something that is just this side of understandable to your American ears.....

How may I help you....

Then to every question you ask, you are read back a pre-printed answer from their little card . Of course in hardly understandable Engrish.

Heck, I've been on hold for more than an hour to have a great conversation, just like that.

You ain't lived till you retire, and HAVE to find out all the info you never knew existed, much less that you HAVE to know it, in order to............. :geek: :p:geek:(y):poop::poop:

·
Registered
11,067 Posts
When did Blowes go "woke" heck, I'm not even sure I really understand what "woke" means in a business sense, as it is it's a bunch of gibberish they talk about on the news. Here both Blowes, and Home Cheapo are falling on hard times to John Menards, and his almost constant 11% off everything in the store.

Plus as a merchant, he is unique. When his stores open on the very first day, they are already full stocked, and PAID for. Building, inventory, everything. You call, and the phone may ring for a while, but someone inside of that store, will finally answer, and so far helped me answer whatever I was calling about. Kind of reminds me of how things used to be. That was a long time before "woke" meant anything except you had gotten out of bed, and were ready to get er dun...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts