LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
21 - 40 of 307 Posts

· Registered
1,342 Posts
Trying my best to get back in my shop !!

I've been spending to much time on my PC. So I'm kicking my butt out to my shop, & see what I can get accomplished.
Yes, but sometimes it gets hard to keep working when it is getting dark outside. The body seems to think its time to eat and relax instead…

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

I've been spending to much time on my PC. So I'm kicking my butt out to my shop, & see what I can get accomplished.
I hear you Bill. Like making hay when the sun shines.

· Registered
68 Posts

Hey Dick while your out there…(hmm if your reading this your NOT out there! LOL)
Pleasssssssssse do a listing of the materials to make the arbor/bridge. Darryl told me of a spot to get the tag this spring at our nephew's land. *BG I don't need a plan plan just what you use to connect it all together. THANKS! Now get back in the shop!
Krum

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Krum
I recommend getting a Logman tenon maker. It's a fun machine, & it makes things a lot quicker< & easier. I didn't have it when I made the Arbor. Also get the book they have. It'll help a lot. They show wood dowels to lock them together, but I use exterior deck screws of various sizes. If you get a tenon maker, it gets addictive.
Also check this Blog.

· Registered
505 Posts

Dick,

Take me with and kick my butt out to my shop also. I can relate. With all the weather and other things going on lately its been easy to avoid the shop. I put in mega hours over weekend so I can justify a little time off. :)

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

I'm finally cutting the cord !!!! LOL

· Registered
9,733 Posts

I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying-almost, Obi.. almost…

Dick says he is breaking the addiction and then he responds 5 times (within the past 2 hours, based on when I am reading this.)

I guess it is just not a "cold turkey" break. :)

You know, one of the first signs of withdrawal is having the shakes. Perhaps you should stay away from woodworking tools and spend some time on the computer 'til the shakes go away.

· Registered
270 Posts

It's not my PC that's been keeping me from my shop. It's something much more addicting…. It's a girl! That's right… I have fallen victim to Cupid's arrow. I have been dating the most wonderful woman for the last four months, and my shop time has been cut way down. I'm not complaining though. Who knows… maybe one day she'll be the one that I have to beg for money for new tools. She can't stop me from enjoying my woodshop, though. I really pulled one over on her. I told her I would build her a new wine cabinet. She thinks I'm doing it for her…. little does she know that it's all about a little "me time" in the shop. Oh who am I kidding…. it's for her.

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

JP,
When you finish that rack, fill it up with wine, & bring it over to her, & maybe pop that big question. Ask her which bottle she'd like to open first!!! LOL

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

You may have noticed, I just returned from my old shop. I shook off the shakes, & I installed my new Triton router. It took awhile, I had to cut a new opening in my table for a larger router plate. I got a real good fit,. After that I ran a few scrap pieces through the router. I'm going to like this new machine. It runs real smooth, with plenty of power. I tried a new lock miter bit I had ordered with my new router plate, it worked great.

· Registered
2,025 Posts

You're an inspiration Dick… I'm going to attempt to run down to the shop tonight (after my little one goes to bed. (but after working in a freezing cold basement all day, I don't know…. too many blue links in the activity queue)

· Registered
1,531 Posts

I limit my computer time and it's getting shorter and shorter now that the days are getting really warm. Im on here 5-8 and then I go to the shop for about 4 hours and then I come home for the lunch/nap/computer fix which is a Lumberjock Lunch ( about 2 hours) and then it's back to finish off the day Final glue ups

I already did my "Computer Time". 12-18 hours per day in a Yahoo chat room and then to the Chat Parties on the weekend. Those days came to an end when I got back to California and opened my shop.

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My report on yesterdays excursion to my shop.

Once I got out there, I shook off the shakes immediately.

I commenced to install my new Triton router into my router table. I had to cut a new opening in my table for a larger router plate. It took me awhile, because I had lay the new plate into position, & scribe a line with a sharp knife. Then clamp down some guide boards in order to rout out the new opening. I ended up with a perfect fit. After fastening the router to the new plate, I dropped it into the table. Then I ran a test with a few scrap pieces. I'm going to like this new machine. It runs real smooth, with plenty of power.
I also tested a new lock miter bit I had ordered with my new all in one router plate, it worked great.

I have to admit, I ended up with a fairly productive afternoon. Now I hope to to venture out there again today. I think today is going to be clean up the shop day.

· Registered
9,733 Posts

I commenced to install my new Triton router into my router table. I had to cut a new opening in my table for a larger router plate. It took me awhile, because I had lay the new plate into position, & scribe a line with a sharp knife. Then clamp down some guide boards in order to rout out the new opening. I ended up with a perfect fit. After fastening the router to the new plate, I dropped it into the table. Then I ran a test with a few scrap pieces. I'm going to like this new machine. It runs real smooth, with plenty of power.
I also tested a new lock miter bit I had ordered with my new all in one router plate, it worked great.

I have to admit, I ended up with a fairly productive afternoon. Now I hope to to venture out there again today. I think today is going to be clean up the shop day.
once you get in the groove, productivity just keeps going and going.

glad to hear that you shook off the withdrawal symptoms first :)
Did you have nightmares last night? (another symptom)

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

I slept like a Lumberjock with a new toy. Sawing them off.

· Registered
9,733 Posts

hahah good one :)

21 - 40 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.