LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
301 - 307 of 307 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
I'M PROUD TO ANNOUNCE MY 80th BIRTHDAY TODAY!

This is my Birthday Gift. I'm presently in the process of building a bench for it.

I'll be posting it when it's completed

I had to get this new lathe, because I have some larger wood from a Black Walnut I had to have taken down in our

yard.

I'd like to make some larger things with the wood. I couldn't let it go to the chipper!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addendum:

I dwelled on wether to buy a new lathe at age 80, but I remembered my 90 year old neighbor. He painted his stucco house all by himself at that age, so I said to myself, "GO FOR IT"!

Lego Machine Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Rectangle

Lathe with the extension attached!
Surveillance camera Automotive exterior Composite material Rectangle Security
Happy Birthday, I have that same lathe and am sure you will be pleased with it. I still need to get the extention bed for mine, but I have had no complants with it. Bought mine as a floor model and it was missing the wrench, Called the folks at Rikon… they over nighted a new wrench to me.

Attachments

· Registered
464 Posts

This is my Birthday Gift. I'm presently in the process of building a bench for it.

I had to get this new lathe, because I have some larger wood from a Black Walnut I had to have taken down in our

yard.

I'd like to make some larger things with the wood. I couldn't let it go to the chipper!

Addendum:

I dwelled on wether to buy a new lathe at age 80, but I remembered my 90 year old neighbor. He painted his stucco house all by himself at that age, so I said to myself, "GO FOR IT"!

Hi Dick,

Wow, that is awesome to be 80 years young and to still be working the wood. I am proud to be your woodworking buddy. Happy Birthday

Attachments

· Registered
19,714 Posts

yard.

Addendum:

Sorry I'm late Happy Birthday

Attachments

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·

yard.

Addendum:

Hi! all of you LUMBERJOCK FRIENDS!

I'm awful sorry about this delayed THANK YOU, but the day after my birthday my ISP modem burned out, so I decided to change my provider. The only problem with that was I had to wait a week to have it installed, but I'm very happy with the results. Our local cable company is having a special for 9.95/Month + free installation 12 Mbps speed, superfast.

WAITING THAT WEEK (aout 10 days) SEEMED LIKE FOREVER!

BARB & I LOVE YOU ALL!

Attachments

· Registered
18,689 Posts

yard.

Addendum:

Here's to hoping, many years in the future, LJs sees that lath with a post…....proud to have my great granddads lathe.

Have a great birthday

Attachments

· Registered
37 Posts

yard.

Addendum:

Happy 80th Dick and many more. I'm only 74 and 3/4 and I've got the same lathe. ENJOY !

Joe

Attachments

· Registered
7,008 Posts

yard.

Addendum:

Dick,

Glad you had a nice Birthday!

You will LOVE that high speed cable internet… Nice Present!! YES!!

Attachments

301 - 307 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.