LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
After Christmas Purchase

Gripper™ 200 Advanced System - Assorted Colors (Black or Yellow)

Since I don't have a Saw Stop and don't plan on getting one, I figured this would be the next best thing for keeping my fingers safe and much… Much cheaper.

Freud 34-124 Quadra- Cut 3/8-Inch Radius Rounding Over Bit with 1/2-Inch Shank

Freud 34-120 1/4-Inch Radius Rounding Over Router Bit with 1/2-Inch Shank

Thin Rip Table Saw Jig By Peachtree Woodworking PW3096

Kreg PRS3400 Precision Router Table Set Up Bars, Set of 7

Wixey WR25 Mini Digital Height Gauge

And a set of replacement blades not shown in the pictures for my Dewalt 734 planer

POWERTEC 128010 12-1/2-Inch HSS Planer Knives for DeWalt DW734, Pack of 3

Once I get a chance to use these items, I'll place my reviews on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
All very cool stuff! Lucky for you that Santa "forgot"! ;)

Sheila

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shelia and yes I am :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Randy- very cool stuff. I'm completely serious when I say that those Kreg Setup Bars are by far the best time-saver I've ever purchased. they make setting up a Table Saw blade [or router bit] height such a cinch, its awesome.

Have fun building!

BTW- hows the renovation coming?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Looks like you made out like a bandit….I must have been mighty ugly this past year, as Santy didn't leave one thing in his sleigh, or in my sock, for Christmas…..I'll have to do better next year…..

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tooch, I'm still waiting on the weather to give us a break. retirement has made me soft, I'm spoiled below 50 degrees LOL

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
daddywoofdawg, I was on the fence between this one and the kreg, both had great reviews, I think the price was the deciding factor for me.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Randy,

Come on up to southern MN and bask in the 19 below wind chill as it wafts past your slightly frozen body. LOL! It will either thicken or freeze your blood? I'm in the south(of MN) ha,ha,ha! or is that ho,ho,ho?

Looks like your moving uptown in the tool dept?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom, there's a reason why I live in TX, so no thanks :)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Blackie, below 50…you're a woose. If you can't see your breath, it is warm enough to work.

I attached a piece of spline material dangling on a string to my thin cut jig. Speeds up set up.

You'll really use those set up bars. Loose the box and put them in holes and on end next to your tool. I keep a set on the side of the saw below table level, another next to my spline slotting jig, and a third beside the dado blade saw. That way they are always in reach. However, I bought mine 15 years ago when they were much cheaper. Do they engrave the sizes on the newer ones? I always though they should.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Randy,

I can reassure you that you will be more appreciative once you breath that warn Southern MN air. LOL!

Putting on my layers of clothes so I can go out to my very dry 30% humidity, but warm due my forced air furnace I installed shop to play/work for a couple hours.

HO,Ho,HO!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Alan, woose? I like to think of it as being smart on my part. LOL I'm just keeping the balance through out the states haha, I worked half of my life looking at my own breath hoovering around kerosene heaters, now I don't have too and I ain't :) I'm just enjoying my young retirement.

The box helps keep them in order since there are different sizes ranging from 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2. They are marked on the sides but I don't know if they are engraved, but what I could do is just purchase sets of keyhole keys as I've heard they do the same thing as these, same as you display in your photo.

Tom, the furthest I lived north was Muskogee, OK 2 years was enough, so I had a taste of what it's like living in the cold with 10' snow drifts up against the front door watching snow fall into the house when you open the door, all car batteries dead from the freezing weather, there was a reason I was born here in central Texas. :) :) :)

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Randy,

I lived in Arkansas for 5 years of my life and then had to go back to IL to meet family obligations. I had planned to return as I loved the water, the Ozarks, and wearing a short sleeve shirt in December. LOL!

Then life happened and I ended up here. Hey it's going to be in upper thirties on Saturday WHOO WHOOO!

I still have some of Santa's toys from last year in a box.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oops Ok you caught me Roger, yes they did I changed the tags to Randy evil grin LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.