LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
what kind of wood is it…if its hardwood…you can cut shapes…glue up for cutting boards…or any kind of specialty boards..bread boards…cheese boards….if it not hardwood…then bird houses ..toys…you can make all kinds of toys with small pieces….look around on the web mark at different wood workers web sites…see what they make using small pieces…

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
As has been stated above, it may all depend on what types of wood it is. I use a lot of scraps in making tool handles & jigs and things like that for the shop. If you have a lathe, you could also make all kinds of turning projects like pens, key chains, ornaments, etc. Just let your imagination tell you what to do.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Hey Mark,
Make your son a pull toy like a little truck or tractor… make the body out of 2x stock, cut the wheels out with a hole saw, make the wheels so they will turn, put a string on it, a little paint, and you're good to go, and he'll love daddy for it…trust me…... been there done that….about 35 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Hey Mark,

Like I said above, any kind of pull toy(s), or maybe a small toy box (or large) that both your kiddos can use and be passed down from one to the other, or if you have more childern. One thing I made my grandkids was a booster chair that you could put in a regular chair for them to eat at the table with you….You make them according to their growing….the seat is off-center, and you just turn it over as they grow…makes it either lower or higher…...I'm trying to help, bud…...OR maybe a plant stand for the wife if she is a flower collector like mine (I hate them things…guess who gets to water them?????) I'll keep trying…... lol lol..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.