LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just made a good score today. I got a stanley 4 1/2 for $20. It'll need a clean up but looks solid. The lady also had a 3C, but I didn't want it for an extra 20, so she said just take it wha an I going to do with it. The problem - it is missing parts, no blade, no chip breaker, no lever, in fact it's just the body, frog, and a broken handle. I might try to buy the parts, but I already have a #3 that I really like.

Anyone want a 3c body? Or should I keep it and clean it up?

·
Premium Member
33,495 Posts
Then, there is Eric at nhplaneparts.com He has a "store" on Ebay, of nothing BUT stanley plane parts. Oh, he does have a few "other' parts, but mainly stoocks stanley parts.

BIG STORE….

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm cleaning up the 4 1/2 anyhow, so they're now sharing an evaporust bath. We'll see how I feel when it comes out rust free tomorrow.
Thanks for the link bandit. Maybe I should keep it. After all, my current #3 doesn't have the (all important :) corrugated sole.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.