LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In Loving Memory
26,886 Posts
A friend sent these pics in an email.
Does anybody know what it is.
It was packed away in her late mother-in-laws boxes along with pots and pans (but may not necessarily be a kitchen item).
It appears to be stainless and approximately 8" X 8" and prongs are about 3-1/2" tall.
Prongs aren't sharp enough and spaced appropriately to put whole potatoes on them, but who knows?

Any ideas?
(keep it clean Odie & Dan. LOL)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Its too bad you don't have another one just like it for comparison. <:)O}#

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cooling stand, manual swiss cheese maker, pot holder maker frame thingy, the two shorter prongs have me stumped, the hole may be to hang it up, measuring cup holder.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Grumpy,

Is it heavy for its size? or light, like Aluminum? if its Aluminum then I'll change my vote to Potato cooker, since it has some stains on it, might have already been used for some nice baked potatoes, since aluminum is used a lot for its heat transfer, would cook em faster.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
THAT I CAN ANSWER FOR YOU! I was just recently working a job where we used those. That, grumpy is a prefabbed form of rebar (aluminum in this case) that when you are putting up forming walls you nail those up inside the wall before the pour. you nail it up in that centre hole then you run the horizontal rebar thru it. Once the concrete is poured and hard and the forming is removed you can only see the flat backside of it. reason for it? Its used to reinforce joints for specific things. In my case we reinforced walls to connect, install, and support prefabbed staircases. Not aluminum in that case though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.