LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Being on this site for just a few days after one year, I have to say that this site full of amateur to experts has well advanced me and pushed me further to try new things. I am now a lot more meticulous in my work and a lot of patience to do it right. How about you?

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
LJs has been a great source of information and a opertunity to share a little and a whole other community and family were I have gained many freinds of whom I may never meet in person but still hold dear as life long friends

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Pretty shrewd, there, Charlie, specifying per post, and not per funny post. Don't count on Martin renewing your contract without some changes. ;o)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hey Mark. Thanks for raising this question. One of the best benefits I have reaped from LJ is to be a better (i.e., wiser) consumer. I quickly learned that just about no one on this site pays full price for anything…or so it seems anyway. I was the type of tool and lumber purchaser who would look for a sale but if I didn't find it, I would simply accept the non-sale price. Not any more. I recently waited for an item from Woodpeckers to go on sale. When it didn't I contacted them and asked if it ever does and included that I was interested in buying their product but was hoping to get it at 10% (or better) off. They quickly contacted me, asked if I was a member of their e-something or other club and extended the most recent sale price to me which was a bit over 10% off. Two years ago, I never would have thought to do that. A tip of my cap to LJ and its wise and frugal members!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
LJs has had a major impact on my life. I have some close friends that can relate to my hobby and this last year I have definitely gained quite an education. Time in the shop is spent with a completely different mindset. My thanks to all of you for that.

David

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have learnt more, in the short time I have been here than I have learnt in all the books I own. There is always someone ready to give good advice.

On a lighter note, we have Charlie and yourself (Mark) as comedians and flirts, where else could you get such good entertainment and for free.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It has opened up a world of knowledge and inspiration. I have found small tidbits in most posts and it has aided me in a way that has made me push my talents to higher limits.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
before LJ's ,
i thought i would probably just hole up and do my art work , and be happy the good lord let me see and do these things .
now i am exited and revitalized with all the other woodworkers i have found here ,
so much beautiful work , lots of help , where and how to's ,
and the best people i have had the privilege to know .
my work has improved in teaching here ,
thank you all for all of this , let's keep it up , this is good !

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I personally have feasted my eyes on some of the most beautiful wood and project execution I have ever seen, found sources of wood at great prices, and witnessed a great group of people who help each other out when asked. In this day and age where it seems to be "hooray for me and [email protected]# you", this is pretty refreshing.

Oh, yeah, Gene Howe- Glenfiddich and Macallan's…ohhh, yeah…

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
For me it's opened my eyes and got me out of the same old groove.(thinking outside of the box so to speak)
I've also done some emailing with lots of new,nice and interesting people.
I prefer LJ to all the other sites I used to go to.(keyword used to) It seemed on some of them there was always someone dominating the forums and losing sight of 1. we are all here together,2. not all of us are on the same skill level. That is not an issue here at LJs and I think there are more people than just myself that enjoys that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.