LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd go with the interlocking lizards!!! The end grain examples are amazing especially the rounds. Also the wavy boards. Wow. All well beyond my skills. Some of the designs are artistic but too busy for my tastes ( too many angles). In my house I went with tongue and groove white oak select. Boring but simple.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
It would depend on the size of your bedroom and how much furniture you have in it. For a small room, the floor pattern looks better if it is a simple design like 1:40 into the video. Those "loud" patterns may look good in a very large room and in a modernistic room setting.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think a lot has to do with the house you are in and the market. While you may not plan on selling the house unless you just absolutely love something many improvements are nothing more than flushing money down the toilet. I would not, unless in high end home/area, not do any of the geometric or more artistic floors as it will not be anything that increases the house and likely gets torn out the first new home owner after you for a "nice" Lumber Liquidators Laminate floor.

For the average home in middle to middle upper class I would go with a 4 to 5 inch wide plank. The hand scraped darker flooring seams to be the norm (sort of played out in my opinion from the homes I now look at) or go with the more traditional flooring (never seams to go out).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.