LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Your router owner's manual may have the thread types and measurements so that you can mount the router using the existing bolt holes for the router plate. May just have to go out to the garage and try a bunch of bolts and then get the length you need once you have figures out what thread it is. 5/16" - 18 is pretty standard thread and would be my guess.

I would drill my own holes in the base, all the way through, and use three bolts that are larger than that. It should work but I would want something a little stronger holding my router.

MDF does not take screws well so bolting all the way through is the only safe option, unless you epoxy the bolts in place. I would not use MDF for a work surface, and I definitely would double up two pieces of plywood to prevent warping.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.