LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Do any LJs have any experience of the subject timber?

I have about 6 lengths, and was advised they were cut from a log as it was being squared up and as refered to as Water Gum.

Sky Hood Sculpture Tree Art

Here is one section I cut into three then flattened .

Brown Wood Wood stain Hardwood Rectangle

It looks to be reasonable timber. I found a spec sheet referencing Swamp Gum

Attachments

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
it would make many really great things. I wish you well brother this is fantastic lottery type win win situation.I bought a few years back, a big pile of both Sycamore ,(which I like) and also nice Beech also good straight clean timber What I really like ios that these are all slices, BIG SLABS of three inch thick and more some four inch in some cases.It is all straight from the tree and are drying nicely in my new storage shed. I had to pay a good price but not an unfair price the guy also delivered as he was only a few miles away, and I initially thought maybe I was doing the wrong thing. However now feel really good about it.
But I cannot beat your deal you are the coolest Daddy of all time.. LOL Alistair

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Russell.

You are correct with the grain wavering comment, it goes in all directions.

See some updated photos

Wood Artifact Flooring Art Floor

Brown Wood Rectangle Wood stain Flooring

Projects:

I will consider some more Maloof style projects, reason being I can use it with just one side and an edge jointed leaving the remainder to be sculptured!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.