LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok, this is for all you jocks and jockettes living in or near Michigan…. :)

There is a local, but international, art competition being held here in Grand Rapids, MI. It's called the Artprize Competition, cuz the entrant with the most votes gets $250,000!!! Anywho, I am wanting to enter a piece this year, as they love having local artists and artisans participate, and the exposure would be great.

SO, for what I am wanting to tackle I need a cherry log 14"-20" diameter, 7'-8' long, preferably with about a 4" curve along its length, and still holding it's bark or still standing.

Thanks all!!

Hutch

·
Registered
63 Posts
A year ago I could have helped you out , I cut down a 25" cherry that was standing dead it was about 25' tall of course I was not into woodworking then and I foolishly cut it up for firewood now I just cringe when I think about it. Good luck in your search I will keep my eyes open for ya I'm in Jackson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.