LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Hello all… equipment question for those in the know.

I have a Bosch 4000 contractor's saw, and frankly, the only thing I really dislike about it is the fence. Many people rave about it, but it suffers from the problem of 2-point locks-it can cause pinching if I'm not very careful while I lock it down.

In any case, I saw an offer for a used Vega Pro 40 (although the bar is cut 3" shorter than normal)... Anybody have experience with one of these, or with mounting one of these aftermarket setups on a contractor saw?

-b

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dalec,

I hadn't considered the loss of the extension before, but it's a good point. Another option I've been considering is taking it off the super nice stand, and building a small platform for it, to give me more space on the right hand side, and install a fence on that. I would presumably have to calibrate it more often, and build it for such (bolts instead of screws?), since it would be plywood instead of iron/steel.

I was hoping to give them a call today, but it's been a hectic day. I have no problem with drilling/tapping if need be, so long as it can be done :) I think I will have to have a first hand look at the fence and see what I can do with it, and go from there. (Un)fortunately I'm gone this weekend for a woodworking class, so I'll have to hope it's still not sold by next week. Thanks for all points to consider… I'll have to message Blake and see what he has to say as well.

-b

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.