LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Edit: ignore my response. You did indeed ask for power tools, my bad.

Brass City was one of the best, but the owner (Walt Q) is currently battling cancer. There are others (sydnasloot, hyperkitten) that offer tools at good prices, but not as much volume and variety as walt. Highly recommend you get on Patrick Leach's monthly list. Much to learn on many tools, and he's an oracle.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Shhh smitty, if everybody goes buying from there, the prices will go up. Besides, he asked about power tools. :)

Spazy, Auctions are the other place people seem to do real well at, but I haven't had any luck even finding good auctions around me. I think people are willing to drive farther for them than I am. And of course there's always estate sales and garage sales that you can find used tools at.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There are several auction sites that I check, but they are all regional. It takes some patience, but you can get amazing deals if they post one in your area. Two weeks ago there was an auction near me. I scored an old sears roebuck standing drill press for $20, a PC 3.25hp plunge router for $45, and a makita 10" sliding miter saw with saw station for $80.

If you watch, they will come.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
do a forum search about the keyword "auctions".
i did a brief article about jumping into the auction arena that you might like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.