LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hello my LJ friends…
Well…look at my blog, and you can see where I am with my upper corner cabinet. The carcass is dead on for square and plumb…and now I need some help figuring out how to attach the face frame.
I suppose I could 45 degree my sides and shelving, and that might work, or I could also notch the face frame
with a 45 degree notch to attach. I did look on the internet for solutions, and also my library, but could not find the "closeup" details I'm looking for.

Hope someone has a solution .

Paul :)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
How about dowels or biscuits. If you had enough room inside you could use pocket hole screws. They would not show from the outside if you have cabinets on each side.

I just came from Home Depot and they have a special in my area on 23/32 birch ply $23.95 a sheet, it had a bit to much heartwood (dark grain) for my liking but its a killer price and could be used for shop cabinets.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I always pocket screw them from the side if there will be cabinets next to each side. I have a corner method that involves overlapping 45s so the joint is super tight after install. Corner gets installed first and the matting cabinets slide up from the bottom kind of like a 1/2 sliding dovetail. Here is a diagram, draw it out full size for the measurement.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Beware of that HD ply, Sandhill. About three years ago, I snagged three sheets of it for a project and returned all three (after a rather heated argument). Every sheet had major voids in the veneers, turned into pretzels after it was cut, and was useless for any kind of cabinet I would ever build.

Since then, I buy all my ply from a lumberyard. The added cost is more than offset by the reduced aggravation.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI folks…
This website is like we are all at a big get-together….and sharing ideas and suggestions…! That is just great !
GO America in th 2010 Olympics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.