LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hows it going everyone? I am in the process of trying to make a universal CNC fixture to accept any wood working project that might come my way. I have a 4ft x 5ft piece of board I am wanting to run slots the length and width of the board. These top slots will be 3/8 wide that will go half of the board thickness deep to be 3/8. On the underside of the board I am going to put a 1/2 wide slot that will be centered with the 3/8 slot. The purpose of this is to create a lip, so that I can sit a hex nut in the 1/2 depth side to make a self clinching nut to use a threaded stud which will then connect to the clamp or pinning part of the fixture. My question is this. Is there a easy way to center the 3/8 slot and the 1/2 slot so they are in line with one another or as good as can be? Thanks so much in advance I hope this was clearly explained.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.