LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rick3ddd,

I'm not against making my own, unfortunately, I don't have any inserts at all. I don't have anything for a template. I was thinking of getting a phenolic insert from leecraft. I'd still like a non zero-clearance for angle cuts.

-Rocko

· Registered
410 Posts
You ought to be able to fashion one to start with by using that article's dimensions. 13 1/2×3 3/4. Cut a piece of 3/4 ply at 3 3/4 wide, draw a line down the center and use a compass to draw two circles with centers 9 3/4" apart on that line. Cut them on the band saw or jigsaw and shape to fit. Then all you need is to rabbet the two edges on the back to the top surface is even with the saw table. A bit snug is better than too loose. Once you have one, duplicate it several times on your router and use them when they wear out or for your angle cutting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.