LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a Rockwell 34-761 with an older style Unifence on it. I purchased it for 380 and thought it was a pretty good deal considering its a 83-651 3 hp single phase motor and the front rail is 83" long. I have no idea how old it is but im assuming its about as old as I am.

So to get to my question. For some reason the fence will not completely lock in place. There seems to be a 1/32 of an inch tolerance issue that is stopping it from locking in. Right now the fence doesn't even have the nylon slides becuase they are missing. I have to order the nylon slide assembles to make the fence functionable but I don't know how they are going to fit if I can't even lock it in now with nothing between the rail and fence head. This is the first unifence that I have ever worked with so this may even be normal for all I know but this is how far it locks down. I would assume that its designed to continue until it reaches the portion of the cam that is flat, but I don't know.

Has anyone experience this before? Do I have the wrong rail? Or is this as simple as just replacing the washer that the cam rides on? I wouldn't imagine that I should have to change anything, the fence should work fine without any modifications.

I have the older style rail.

The rail and its thickness.

The tolerance between the locking lug and the lip of the fence body when the locking lever is engaged.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Silvo,
Start here LINK
I had a similar problem with my Bismayer and did what you thinking. added some shim stock in the appropriate place to make positive contact. I would be looking at that allen screw to see if that allows for adjustment.

Some more info

And this might just be the solution

anyways Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You might be able to make up that 1/32 by tightening the adjustments used to make the fence parallel to the blade by the 1/32 each. That will move the head away from the rail by that much which then should help it clamp tightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.