LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
Do not contact them in any way or do not return unsolicited items. These people are known scammers and once they determine you are a real person they will harass you forever.

Keep it and forget them.

· Registered
573 Posts
OH! When I saw this topic come up I was VERY surprised. Couldn't believe the friendly and informative Marc Spagnuolo would stoop to such a level.

Then I went and looked closer. Woodworker's Guild NOT EQUAL Wood Whisperer's Guild !!!

I wonder if Marc knows that people wind up confusing him with those other yucky scoundrels?

· Registered
221 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I ignored it, they went away. They are bottom feeding scum, and their methods to build cabinets suck. Use it for skeet shooting and you'll have gotten everything to get out of that DVD.

· Registered
13 Posts
They also make complete ripoff videos of other YouTube channels/creators, including their designs and plans. I don't normally get upset when someone copies one of my projects on YouTube. But WWGOA is making money by ripping off others creations.

I highly recommend to any woodworker to never visit their page, and to unlike/hide their page on Facebook and their channel on YouTube.

· Registered
3,704 Posts
Do not waste your time on the private entity known as the Better Business Bureau [BBB]. It takes a hell of a lot to get a bad report from them, and good reports come with membership.

Instead of complaining to a non-starter, complain to the U.S. Postal Service, for a demand for money not owed. Those who say you do not own for unsolicited things received by mail are correct.

You can also complain to the Federal Trade Commission [FTC]. They do act on complaints of acts done via the U.S. Mails and wires.

· Registered
1,438 Posts
The law says if you are sent any mail or package you did not request you are not obligated to pay for it or return it. I'm not a lawyer but I have read this. You may want to confirm.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've never been impressed with Woodworkers Guild of America. They constantly want you to signup and pay for a premium membership, DVD's, etc. And I don't think much about some of the advise thats given by George, it's almost allways sales driven, and he doesn't seem to know much more then most rookies.
Agreed, and they’re still at it. Less than 60 days and I’m getting $9 back on my subscription.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts