LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Write a letter stating that you did not specifically solicit this DVD, and are requesting postage paid return materials in order to return it. State in the letter that you are requesting notification in writing, in 30 days, that all accounts that have been created in your name are closed, with a zero balance, and that your name is removed from their mailing list, not to send any further materials, and that if you do not receive the return materials or notices in 30 days, you will not be held liable for the return of the DVD, any future DVDs, or any accounts, charges, or others held in your name. Send signature required certified mail. Note: you are not really writing this to get the DVD returned, great if they send you a postage paid envelope, you are writing this for when this mysteriously shows up on your credit report in 1 year, and you have something to send to the credit agency to get it removed. Ironically, This may cost more than just sending back the DVD, but IMO you should follow through. They are obviously running some old school aggressive BS on ya!!

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Now that I have read all the other responses that were being written at the same time (It cracks me up when that happens :) +1 to sheila on reporting it to the BBB. Another good resource for this is Face Book (if you do that) A simple statement "Such and such business is employing unfair practices...like this and send it to a friend" gets A LOT of traction these days. IMO FB is crack to waste your time on the computer….errr.. but not LJ's…. it is different :)

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I have personally had unsolicited offers like this show on my credit report. They need more than just your name and address to damage your credit score They already got the information to send it with out asking…. is it that hard, in this day, to get what they need to turn it over to collections… This scam has evolved from a mail fishing scam to get the money of the few who feel they need to pay, to a vehicle to get a high pressure collections person on the phone pressuring you to give them money, with the threat of your credit score, that you don't owe them. IMHO and from experience, I would follow through with the certified letter… Even if this is not a full scam, NiP it in the bud, and protect your self right now. If you ignore it there is a smallish chance it could get messy, if you don't, there is no chance it will harm you later. In action is often interpreted as compliance by small claims court and credit agencies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts