LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
So it's been a while. Got all busy with life and work… and my shop has been out of commission.

Well… as we speak… the guys are out there working on installing the new garage door. Supposedly… that's the last thing and it will all be done. (I say "supposedly" because the "three day" job started last Monday and today 10 work days later and it's not done). There has been a lot of disappointment with the work… HOWEVER… Once they pack up and are out of my hair… I'm going to do a happy dance!!!!

I remember what those are. I used to have them all the time. I want to get back in my shop. It gives me my sanity. I miss giggling and doing happy dances in my shop. Can't wait till they are done!!!!

AND… it goes without saying… I miss being on LJ's!

·
In Loving Memory
3,728 Posts
Hey, Sis, keep us posted. When you get back into action I'll put together a care package of sticks for you.

Just don't let anyone use them to heat the place with this time. Bwahahahaha!

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Angie,

Good to see you're back. There is a lot of lamenting by old timers about the kids today. Not that you are a kid, but you are a woman and younger than most of the Ol' F-rts on this site. It gives hope. LOL!

Your garage/shop is just a bigger box. Mistakes are our way of learning. I'm continuing to make mistakes! Hopfully not the same ones.

If you took some pictures of the reconstruction, and have the time, maybe post a blog of this adventure?

I'm looking forward to your projects.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where did you find those carpenter? Cracker Jack Box? We had a new 16' garage door installed that took the place of (2) 8'doors in 1 day! 2 guys put in a new header, door frame, door and trim. They also built a 2 car garage for the neighbor after the concrete was ready in 3 days. Just saying.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Bill,

There are a wide range of folk on LJ's. I'm really glad to see women increase in representation. Just see too many old timers lamenting. Angie is closer in age to both women and kids as she can understand them and maybe inspire them.

Oh yeah, I am closer in age to the guys I was referring to that I am to Angie. LOL!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm definitely not happy with the work they did. There is a hole in the decking of the roof the size of a dinner plate. LOL! Come on!! I may not have been in construction my whole life like this guy… but I KNOW…. THAT AINT RIGHT!

He installed the wrong door. I wanted an insulated door. He sided HALF the length of the wall with 6" siding… the rest of my garage is 8".

But that's not all. There's more. Including… using my drills… using my materials… not covering anything… using my 2×6… using other materials of mine (and wanting me to pay for materials)...I could go on.

I have a bench that I built. They used it as a ladder/stool and scratched it all up and gouged it. Also dropped something on one of my cutting boards and gouged it. As well as knocking frames on the floor and stepping on them.

I had a nice chunk of mahogany. About 2" thick. Maybe 12" wide and about 15" long…. they nailed it to the garage and beat it with a sledge hammer to "square up the wall". UGH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.