LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
So, having watched some videos on youtube about turning your homemade bandsaw into sawmill, what are the logistics of this? I mean I dont plan on sawing 20ft logs just small pieces of oak and walnut and stuff like that for projects. I dont think I could make my own 2×4's but I may be wrong. Have any of you done this and if so, how did it go? It seems like a neat idea.

·
Registered
740 Posts
How large are you planning to re saw? A regular band saw might be a better option.

The cost of turning a vertical bandsaw into a sawmill will probably far exceed the cost of purchasing a new sawmill for 3-4k at the low end.

Paul

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How large are you planning to re saw? A regular band saw might be a better option.

The cost of turning a vertical bandsaw into a sawmill will probably far exceed the cost of purchasing a new sawmill for 3-4k at the low end.

Paul

- Paul
I was basing my ideas off of http://woodgears.ca/bandmill/sawmill.html. Not big logs. Just big enough for small projects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.