LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'd like to turn some drawer pulls and I've been thinking about the methodology. I think that I'll need to make a chuck to accept the drawer end of the pull to turn the outer end. Has anyone ever done this before. I'd love to see some examples an a simple how to. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I like to learn from other's experiences.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Glen,

I'm a beginner turner but haven't done drawer pulls. My father in law repairs antiques, but isn't a turner. He needed some pulls and wanted to turn them. I passed this article to him which he used, and said it worked wonderfully from start to finish (and from my limited turning experience, all the advice is really sound).

I'm a FWW.com member, so i could get the article, but you can start a free 14 day trial if you're not and get the document just as easy.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Todd,
I did a couple of searches before posting the question. I actually know Phil Lowe. I've taken two classes with him including my first turing class a couple of years ago. Ironic isn't it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.