LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
I was reading my buddy's blog (Sarge), and some of your comments, as a result Sarge and I started talking about his favorite finish "Tung Oil" which brought up the questions…what is tung oil,(all products called tung oil aren't really tung oil? That lead to how do you use it? when do you use it? why use it/why not? We thought this would ne a good place to see what everyones experience has been and comments about anything "tung oil " related

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the comments and information it has been enlightening, now can anyone speak to the application tricks you've learned using tung oil, as well as the products sarge mentioned in an earlier post.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OK, I'M GETTING READY TO MAKE A SLIDING STEP STOOL FOR LuLu (red oak is the material). I'm wondering if tung oil would be an acceptable choice of finish? Any opinions? If the answer is yes then what would be the finishing procedure?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.