LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a Delta cabinet saw and I usually just use a $40 blade and clean up the saw marks with a joiner but I just bought a Forrest blade. The blade looks impressive but I am still not seeing the edge quality that all the reviews on the blade claim. The top half does looks great but the lower half of the edge always has visible saw marks. I have checked my fence for parrallel to the blade and checked it for square up and down as well. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I've been using forest for some time and they are good blades. I've gotten a few back from sharpening that were bent. That could cause the poor cut. My saw at home cuts nice but the saw at work has a bent arbor and leaves saw marks. Check the blade for wobble by turning it on, then turn it off and stair straight at it. See if it wobbles close to when it stops.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
How rigid is the throat insert on your saw? A flexing insert can cause a lot of issues. Also be sure the splitter is aligned too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.