LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying my hand at turning.

OK, I got my mini lathe, tools and a bunch of pen turning supplies. Started turning this last weekend to pump out some pens for the people at the office. I laid out my selection of wood and acrylic blanks on my desk and everyone chose their favorite. Of course, no one in the office knows what I am doing with them. Lets see how it goes since I am using this round to start the learning curve.

· Registered
357 Posts

OK, I got my mini lathe, tools and a bunch of pen turning supplies. Started turning this last weekend to pump out some pens for the people at the office. I laid out my selection of wood and acrylic blanks on my desk and everyone chose their favorite. Of course, no one in the office knows what I am doing with them. Lets see how it goes since I am using this round to start the learning curve.
Good luck on your turning project. Post some photos of your work when completed.

· Registered
105 Posts

Have fun, I got a mini lathe last Christmas and started turning pens in Jan. Can be addicting and somewhat costly. looking forward to seeing your work.

· Registered
87 Posts

good luck fellow turner…

· Registered
31 Posts

Great! Be sure and put up some photos.

· Registered
871 Posts

Looking forward to lots of posts.

Scrappy

· Registered
76 Posts

best of luck and remeber CA solves everything ;)

· Registered
1,624 Posts

Good luck. We'll be watching for some finished pens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.