LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I started woodworking a year ago, and bought equipment as the need (and budget) allowed. Now I am having a devil of a time finding parts. I need new band saw blades for my Jet 10" saw, and knives for my JET 8" Cable, jointer/planer combo.

Yes, I can find custom blades and sharpening services, but wouldn't you think that the stores that sell these items should carry these parts?

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Well, I would thinks so. They don't? Surely, they can order them for you.
I don't know the circumference of your BS blade, but you can order ones that are probably better than the Jet stock blades from Suffolk Machinery here
Can't help with the planer/jointer blades.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me this. The planer blades (only 2) have a slot in them which mates with a pin in the blade holder, presumably a safety pin.

Ha, ha, safety pin! Whoops, almost lost my train of thought there.

Anyway, I can order blades by size but they need to have this slot. Is this slot a common thing in planer blades?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.