LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I may have the opportunity to purchase a seneca falls treadle scroll saw. It is the Empire model, and is rusty but appears pretty complete. Belt is shot. I have had a soft spot for these for awhile but have seen few for sale. I am not looking for an exact appraisal here but rather a range of what might be a fair price to pay for an item like this. Sorry I have no pictures to share. Anybody have an idea on a price range that they would be willing to share? This is certainly not a need to have item but I would enjoy the restore if I can buy it fairly. Thanks for your thoughts/opinions.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm not sure about prices on the Seneca Falls models, but the Miller Falls tend to go for $350 to $500 in decent condition. Barnes made some as well and are more expensive. A good buy in the condition you describe would be $350 or less if it has all its parts as the parts will be hard to track down. The peddle versions with seats are worth more. Just my 2 cents.

If you get it, please post pics. Would love to see it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did not but it. It was at auction today, it took a winning bid at $350.00 which was above my decided limit. Judging by the classified ad on OWWM, Perhaps I should have gone more, but choices made. Oh well….

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.