LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
My daughter, like many 8 yr old girls is completely horse crazy. Knowing the next step is "boy crazy", I'd like to extend this phase as far as I can. Now that she understands that I can make doll furniture, she wants me to make her a horse barn for her birthday. Does anyone know of a good source for plans?

·
Registered
15,066 Posts

You really don't need plans. Just get one of her toy horses, put it on your bench, and draw a rough sketch making sure that the barn is in proportion to the horse. It will be infinitely better than the plastic ones!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

You really don t need plans. Just get one of her toy horses, put it on your bench, and draw a rough sketch making sure that the barn is in proportion to the horse. It will be infinitely better than the plastic ones!

- gfadvm
I second gfadvm's suggestion. You'll have the most enjoyment if you look at many examples on LJ and for sale, then make some sketches. Her horses will give the scale you need. Once you have the overall size fixed in your mind, start your construction.
The one I built is the first one in Tim's list. Whatever you do it will become a cherished possession which will last for generations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.