LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From This to a Toy Chest

My oldest daughter is pregnant with our first grand baby, a boy. The wife is excited-just a bit. So I've been sidetracked from the kitchen upgrade and drum sander and am now working on a toy chest. This is the wood I have to work with-reclaimed pallet pine.

Photobucket

This is what it looks like after I get done cleaning it up. It mills down to just under a 1X3. A bit more gluing up for the panel, I think 2 extra boards per side. It cleans up real nice. All of the knots are tight. The place that gives me the wood will generally break down the pallets ( I guess they like their minimum wage guy and want to keep him busy) and put this wood on a pallet for me. I just need to watch the weather and get up there before a rain.

Photobucket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.