LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
My daughter is turning 8 this month. She has done some marquetry and scroll saw projects with me, but usually she just glues all my scraps together. Anyway, I'd like to buy her a tool set and for her first project build a little work bench. I'm having trouble finding a junior tool set. I was looking for one that has a hand drill, a back cutting saw, small hammer, and maybe some other stuff. I'd also like to buy her a nice woodworking kit that I could help her put together.

Unfortunately, when I google it, all I find is some crappy black and Decker or home depot cheap plastic crap.

Doe anyone know if a good place like Lee Valley, Rockler, Woodcraft, etc sells junior tools. Any websites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone so much for your help. I'm glad to see I wasn't nuts for wanting to get my kids in the shop.
I think I'm going to order a couple tools that you suggested. I like the miter box idea and the hand drill. I can't believe I didn't think of a coping saw. Ever since I bought my scroll saw, I have forgotten that I own one…
The first project will be a kid size work bench for her to keep all her new tools. (Right next to mine)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.